Congratulations on purchasing one of our Scout Inflatable products. If you have purchased a SCOUT365 boat, please print and fill out the warranty registration card at the bottom of this page within 30 days of purchase for your warranty to be effective. Scan and email it back to us at email@example.com or fax to (714) 242-2189.
If you take care of your boat – it will take care of you. But in the event of mishaps, mistakes and product defects, please read below.
LIMITED WARRANTY FOR INFLATABLE BOATS AND PADDLE BOARDS:
1. Scout Inflatables LLC warrants each new boat and paddle board (hereafter referred to as "Product") is free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service
2. This warranty shall become effective only upon receipt of a completed SCOUT Warranty Registration Card, which shall identity the Products so registered by the HIN (Hull Identification Number). The original receipt of purchase will be required upon submission of a Warranty claim and must clearly detail the date of purchase. Manufacturer is not responsible for lost or misdirected mail and/or illegible registrations.
3.1. This warranty is as follows: A two (2) year guarantee on the base fabric and two (2) year on the seams that the fabric of which the Product is manufactured will maintain its original purpose under normal conditions during such period, including a one (1) year on auxiliary fittings, such as handles, oarlocks, oar holders, D-rings, etc.
3.2. If any Product is purchased or used for rental or other commercial purposes, or for/by a corporation, partnership, company, organization or association including without limitation camps, clubs, resorts, schools, or the like, then the term of this Limited Warranty is limited to a period of ninety (90) days after the date of original retail purchase.
4. Since this warranty applies to defects in material and workmanship, it does not apply to normal worn fabric or to damage caused by:
4.A. Neglect, lack of maintenance, accident, abnormal operation, racing competition or commercial services.
4.B. Use of an accessory or part not manufactured or sold by Scout Inflatables LLC. This warranty also does NOT cover:
4.1. Normal discoloration, dulling, or creasing of the fabric;
4.2. Abrasions, tears, or punctures;
4.3. Normal color fading;
4.4. Damage to or deterioration of the fabric due to UV exposure;
4.5. Damage or deterioration of the fabric due to exposure to fuel, harsh solvents, or other chemicals;
4.6. Seam separation due to heat exposure. This warranty does NOT cover product that:
4.7. Has not been assembled, used, and maintained in accordance with the instructions or owner's manual accompanying the Product;
4.8. Has been damaged in an accident;
4.9. Has been abused, misused or improperly operated;
4.10. Has been repaired, modified or tampered with by someone other than Manufacturer, or authorized repair shop; or
4.11. Has been damaged as a result of shipping, warehousing, or storage.
4.12. Has been damaged as a result of use of higher power greater than the maximum HP rating on the boat HIN plate.
5. This warranty will not apply to: Haul-out, launching, storage charge, rental charges of any type, inconvenience, or loss of time and income.
LIMITED WARRANTY FOR ACCESSORIES:
1. We warranty each new accessory, including seat benches, oars, carry bags, boat covers, seat cushions with under seat storage bags and front bow bags thereto (hereafter referred to as "Accessories") manufactured by us, to be free from defects in material and workmanship.
2. This warranty is as follows: A six (6) month guarantee on aluminum seat benches, kayak and ISUP paddles, rowing oars, etc and three (3) month on the carry bags, boat covers, seat cushions with underseat storage bags of which the Accessories are manufactured will maintain its original purpose under normal conditions during such period.
HOW TO CLAIM WARRANTY SERVICES:
In the event of a claim , you must report the defect in writing or by email, include the model number, hull identification number , date of purchase, your contact details and information about what the defect is . Pictures of the affected area is also required in order to assess the cause of action. One of our representatives will contact you to promptly.
Do NOT attempt to conduct repairs without consulting us first. Any type of repairs done without our explicit authorization will void warranty on that repaired area. DO NOT attempt to slap on patches without reading and understanding proper procedures that are important to insure air tight seal and glue adhesion. MANUFACTURER'S SOLE OBLIGATION, AND BUYER'S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY, UNDER THIS WARRANTY SHALL BE THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT, AT MANUFACTURER'S OPTION AND SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS WARRANTY, OF ANY PART OR PARTS WHICH ARE DETERMINED BY MANUFACTURER TO BE DEFECTIVE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL MANUFACTURER BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, CONTINGENT, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, FOR ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY.
Limitation and Disclaimer of Warranty.
EXCEPT AS HEREIN ABOVE SET FORTH, MANUFACTURER MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE LIMITED WARRANTY HEREINABOVE SET FORTH IS EXPRESSLY IN LIEU OF ANY WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND ALL OTHER OBLIGATIONS OR LIABILITIES ON THE PART OF MANUFACTURER. IF, WITHOUT LIMITING AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, ANY WARRANTY SHALL BE FOUND TO EXIST BEYOND THE LIMITED WARRANTY HEREABOVE SET FORTH, ANY SUCH ADDITIONAL WARRANTY SHALL BE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE TERM OF THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT WARRANTY PROVIDED FOR HEREIN WITHOUT APPLICATION OF EXTENDED WARRATY.
Limitations of Remedies.
WATER ACTIVITES ARE, BY THEIR NATURE, HAZARDOUS. USERS OF MANUFACTURER'S PRODUCTS ASSUME ALL RISK AND LIABILITY WHATSOEVER RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM THE USE OF SUCH PRODUCTS, WHETHER USED SINGULARLY OR IN COMBINATION WITH OTHER EQUIPMENT, INCLUDING ALL RISK OF BODILY INJURY OR DEATH AND WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT OR TORT OR OTHERWISE, AND SPECIFICALLY INCLUDING INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. REMEDIES FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT ARISING BY IMPLICATION OR OPERATION OF LAW, EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED HEREIN, ARE EXCLUDED. YOUR BOAT SHOULD ONLY BE OPERATED WITHIN THE US COAST GUARD APPROVED MAXIMUM CAPACITY RATINGS AS STATED ON THE BOAT.
Restrictions on Limitations and Disclaimers.
SOME STATES MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTAL DAMAGES, OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF THE DURATION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES. THEREFORE, SOME OR ALL OF THE LIMITATIONS AND/OR EXCLUSIONS OF WARRANTIES AND REMEDIES SET FORTH ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY, FROM STATE TO STATE.
If any provision of this Limited Warranty is unenforceable, for any reason, all other provisions hereof shall remain in full force and effect.
Maintenance and Storage:
1. Hull and Seats. Under no circumstances should any part of the boat, specifically including the bottom thereof, be waxed or painted or cleaned with solvents. A mild detergent and tap water should be used to clean the boat. Do not store or handle the boat in extremely cold temperatures. Bright colors may fade when exposed to sunlight for prolonged periods. Your SCOUT inflatable boat or Paddle Board should be stored in a covered area when not in use to prolong the life of the boat.
2. SCOUT365 PVC Tubes. For long term or winter storage rinse the boat tubes with a mild detergent and tap water. Store the boat in a safe, clean and dry place. To prolong the life of the boat tubes avoid storing it in direct sunlight and contact with sharp or abrasive objects. If you store the boat with the tube inflated, release some air pressure so the tube is not inflated to its maximum.
Recognizing that boating poses a potential hazard to others, buyer freely and willingly waives all claims to injury to himself or damage to purchased boat arising out of the improper use. Further, in consideration of the permission of use granted, buyer hereby release Scout Inflatables LLC. its directors, officers, representatives, agents, and employees from any and all liability for injury of any kind to buyer or to boat or other property buyer may have, incurred by reason of any act or failure to act, on buyer part, or Scout Inflatables LLC., its directors, officers, representatives, agents, and employees, arising because of the use of above mentioned inflatable boat purchased on www.scoutinflatables.com
Buyer further agree to indemnify and hold harmless Scout Inflatables LLC., its directors, officers, representatives, agents, and employees from all costs, suits, judgments, damages, or expenses, direct or indirect, for injury to other persons and/or their property, including, but not limited to, loss of use incurred by reason of act or failure to act on buyer part or by reason of any act, including negligence, of Scout Inflatables LLC directors, officers, representatives, agents, and employees, arising because of use inflatable boat. Buyer recognizes that these provisions will cause buyer to be personally liable for his/her act or failure to act during use of inflatable boat purchased on www.scoutinflatables.com
Boat Model/Color _____________________________________________________________
Hull No. _____________________________________________________________________
Date of purchase _____________________________________________________________
Name of Owner_______________________________________________________________
City _____________________ State _____________________ Zip _____________________
Phone Number ______________________________________________________________
Signature of Owner ____________________________________________________________